Payroll is responsible for ensuring the accurate processing of all payroll disbursements for City employees in accordance with City policies and procedures. Included in this responsibility is:
- Ensuring employee time and attendance is accurately recorded and that employees are paid the wages to which they are entitled
- Garnishments are properly deducted from employee wages and remitted to the appropriate parties
- Remittances and reports are accurately and timely submitted and paid to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS); Social Security Administration (SSA), Texas Department of Insurance – Division of Workers Compensation (TWC)
- Accrued leave payouts due to terminations, resignations, and retirements are promptly and accurately processed
- Accurate W-2 statements are distributed as promptly as possible before the January 31 deadline.
The City's Self Service Portal is a valuable resource for City employees. Some highlights include: view your pay history, view up to date leave balances and history, access your W-2 at year end, and a paycheck calculator.
Kronos is our time keeping software. It works best in Internet Explorer. Usernames and passwords are case sensitive. Please contact payroll for help resetting your password if the the forget password link does not work.
Please contact payroll to request copies of previous years' W-2s; be sure to include:
- Full name
- Last 4 of Social Security number
- The year(s) you are requesting
- Full mailing address you would like the form(s) mailed to