Click to Home
Go To Search
My Government Online
On June 1, 2014 the City of Mont Belvieu Development Services Division launched a new online permitting software called MyPermitNow, part of the My Government Online services offered through the South Central Planning and Development Commission of Houma, LA. The software greatly enhances the permit application submittal and payment experience for contractors and residents.

Contractors and residents have the ability to:
• Apply Online for Permits and Planning Projects
• Pay Fees Online
• Submit Plans “Paperless” in PDF Format
• Track Application Progress up to Permit Issuance
• Print Copies of Your Permit(s) Any Time
• Print Reviewed Building Plans
• Request Inspections Online
• View and Print Completed Inspection Reports
• Receive Real-Time E-mail Notifications When an Inspection is Completed

Additionally, MyPermitNow’s planning module will be used for all subdivision and zoning related cases, and residents can report city code violations or problems with city facilities and infrastructure using the Citizen Solution Center.

Please take the time to download a copy of the MyGovernmentOnline customer portal instruction document. You may create your free customer portal account as soon as possible if you do not already have an established account.

The MyGovernmentOnline software will allow you to begin applying for your permits online rather than traveling to City Hall. Please note that any documents required with an application, such as Building Plans, must be uploaded in PDF format when submitting your application.

When requesting inspections online, the policy will remain that you must submit your inspection request prior to 3PM to have an inspection performed the next business day. However, same-day inspections may be available on permit request activity. Our inspectors will enter inspection results in the field which to ensure you will receive your inspection result via e-mail or through the customer portal in near real-time.

If you need any assistance pertaining to the use of the MyGovernmentOnline software, please call the technical support line at 1-866-957-3764, option 1 for assistance. The agents can assist with any software related questions.

1. Am I required to use My Government Online to submit a planning and development application in Mont Belvieu? 

Yes. Effective June 1, 2014, all applications must be submitted via Registration is free. The Development Services Division can assist those that do not have ready access to a computer or would like a tutorial on how to navigate the site. Please bring a CD or flash drive with pdfs of your application materials with you. We are not equipped to scan hard copy files over 11”x17”.

2. If I applied for a permit before June 1, 2014 will this affect me? 

All applications received prior to launching My Government Online will follow the process in effect at the time of submission: Plan review comments will be sent via email, comment responses must be dropped off in person, payments must be made in person or over the phone, permit cards must be displayed on the job site, and inspections must be scheduled either via email or via voicemail (281) 576-2213, x221. 

3. Does My Government Online change my payment options? 

Yes. If you are paying by credit card, you may pay online or in person. If you are paying by check or cash, you may pay in person or send your payment via mail. 

4. How do I Schedule an Inspection? 

For applications submitted AFTER June 1, 2014, all inspections must be scheduled AND cancelled through the Customer Portal on Inspections may not be scheduled via email or phone. For applications submitted BEFORE June 1, 2014, all inspections must be scheduled either via email () or via voicemail (281) 576-2213, x221. To cancel an inspection, call Mark Guillernman at 281.576.2213, x221 or (281) 330-5202. 

5. Do I still need to display my permit card at the job site? 

For applications submitted AFTER June 1, 2014, you still need to post your permit at the job site. The inspector will have your permit information, plans, and inspection history on his mobile device. For applications submitted BEFORE June 1, 2014, you will also still need to display the yellow permit placard.

6. How do I find out the result of my inspection? 

Your inspection results can be emailed to you at the email address of your choosing. You may also choose to receive them by phone call, or you can log in to and view the results.
For more information about please contact David Fowler, City Planner at 281-576-2213, x233.