The City of Mont Belvieu owns and operates 4 water wells.
- Well Number 7 - is 400 feet deep and produces approximately 400 gallons per minute.
- Well Number 8 - is 950 feet deep and produces approximately 800 gallons per minute.
- Well Number 9 - is 550 feet deep and produces approximately 500 gallons per minute.
- Wel Number 11- is 600 feet deep and produces approximately 750 gallons per minute.
Well Number 7 and Well Number 8 pump into a 211,000 gallon ground storage tank located at the Well Number 7 site. Well Number 9 pumps into the distribution system at the Elevated Storage Tank Number 1 site.
Well Number 11 pumps into the distribution system at the elevated tank site of the south tower (EST3).
Wells 7, 8, and 9 are located in the northern part of the city and well Number 11 is located at the southern part of the city. The water produced is disinfected with chlorines gas. The water is then used for drinking water and for fire protection.
The city has three elevated storage tanks.
- EST Number 1-300,000 gallons located on Cherry Point Dr.
- EST Number 2-500,000 gallons located on FM 565
- EST Number 3-750,000 gallons located on Perry Avenue
The city also has a booster station on Langston Dr. that consists of a 300,000-gallon ground storage tank with three booster pumps. This station operates when system pressure is below 45 psi on the southwest portion of the city. All four of the water wells operated by the city have emergency backup generators.
The City of Mont Belvieu owns, operates, and maintains 162 miles of water distribution lines. These water lines range in size from 3/4 inch to 16 inches. These lines provide potable drinking water to customers and are also used for fire protection.