It is the primary mission of the Payroll Department to serve our customer, the City Employees, by providing reliable, responsive, and timely service in support of the City’s compensation, benefits, payroll tax related, and reporting services. Our office will administer the regulations of federal agencies such as the Internal Revenue Service, the Social Security Administration, the U.S. Department of Labor, and the Federal Office of Child Support Enforcement while maintaining exemplary customer service.
Payroll is responsible for ensuring the accurate processing of all payroll disbursements for City employees in accordance with City policies and procedures. Included in this responsibility is:
- Ensuring employee time and attendance is accurately recorded and that employees are paid the wages to which they are entitled
- Garnishments are properly deducted from employee wages and remitted to the appropriate parties
- Remittances and reports are accurately and timely submitted and paid to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS); Social Security Administration (SSA), Texas Department of Insurance – Division of Workers Compensation (TWC)
- Accrued leave payouts due to terminations, resignations, and retirements are promptly and accurately processed
- Accurate W-2 statements are distributed as promptly as possible before the January 31 deadline.
The City's Self Service Portal is a valuable resource for City employees. Some highlights include: view your pay history, view up to date leave balances and history, access your W-2 at year end, and a paycheck calculator.
ExecuTime is our time keeping software. It works best in Internet Explorer. Usernames and passwords are case sensitive. Please contact payroll for help resetting your password if the forget password link does not work.
Questions about how to read your check stub? Refer to the document below.
Please contact payroll to request copies of previous years' W-2s; be sure to include:
- Full name
- Last 4 of Social Security number
- The year(s) you are requesting
- Full mailing address you would like the form(s) mailed to
Please contact payroll to request any forms you do not see listed here.
Payroll does not accept direct deposit changes via email. Please hand in your form directly to Payroll.