The City of Mont Belvieu is a great area to enjoy a golf cart ride with friends and family; however, it's our job to keep you and your surrounding community safe while doing so. Below you will find information you should be aware of concerning the safety, rules, and regulations surrounding the use of a golf cart.
GENERAL RULES OF USE:
- A golf cart is a motor vehicle designed by the manufacturer primarily for use on a golf course. The definition of golf cart does NOT include side-by-sides, 4-wheelers, or other utility vehicles.
- Golf carts must display a license plate.
- Drivers must carry proof of insurance for the golf cart.
- Golf carts may be operated only by persons with a valid driver's license.
- Unless traveling 2 miles or less to a golf course, golf carts are only permitted to operate in residential neighborhoods. This does NOT include public sidewalks or City Park.
- Golf cart usage is permitted during daylight hours only.
- Golf cart operators must obey all traffic laws when on a public street.
GOLF CARTS MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING EQUIPMENT:
- Tail lights
- Parking brake
- Slow-moving vehicle emblem