A Permit is required for the construction of a Building larger than 100 Square feet. The requirements adopted by the City can be found in the City of Mont Belvieu Ordinance Chapter 42 Section 226., and International Residential Code, 2018 International Building Code, 2018 International Plumbing Code, 2018 International Mechanical Code, 2020 NEC- National Electrical Code and TDI- Texas Department of Insurance Windstorm
Please apply at The City’s online system My Government Online
- Construction Drawings
- Foundation Plan if on a Foundation – Engineered Stamped
- Site Plan/Survey – Showing the location of the new accessory structure and also showing how far from the primary structure and Property line and any and all Utility Easements on the Property
- Approval Letter from the Homeowners Association – for subdivision with an HOA
- Windstorm Engineered Stamp – for the Wind speed of 140mph for 3 sec gust
Optional MEP uploads if the building is going to have and Mechanical, Electrical and or Plumbing
- Please upload the MEP Plans and License with the above documents
An inspection request must be scheduled through My Government Online and performed by the City of Mont Belvieu for each task listed below:
- Foundation Pre-Pour Inspection (If the building is on a foundation)
- All rebar is in and lifted off the ground with no vegetation and the location is as shown in the approved site plan.
- Frame Rough
- Matches the submitted plans and is compliant with the code(s) listed above.
- Final Construction
- The site has been cleared of all waste and debris.
- Mechanical Rough
- Checking all installed components before the walls are closed.
- Electrical Rough
- The wiring for all outlets and light switches is complete before closing the walls.
- Plumbing Rough
- Seeing the completion of the project and testing for leaks prior to closing the walls.